NEDAwareness Week, the largest education and outreach effort on Eating Disorders in the United States, is taking place February 24 through March 2, 2013. This year’s theme is “Everybody Knows Somebody.”
The team of Veritas Collaborative is proud to support NEDAwareness Week 2013 by participating in Eating Disorders education and advocacy throughout our community in the followings ways:
- Chase Bannister, MDIV, MSW, LCSW, CEDS, Vice President & Chief Center Officer of Veritas Collaborative, will be the guest speaker at the first annual William Peace University “EveryBODY Fashion Show” that features William Peace models of all shapes and sizes on February 26 at 7pm.
- NORMAL and Veritas Collaborative present “Speaking Out About ED” on Tuesday, February 26 at NYU. “Speaking Out About ED” is a documentary film featuring interviews with dozens of the nation’s leading medical professionals in the field of eating disorders, body image, nutrition and wellness. This documentary also features a discussion with the filmmaker, Robyn Hussa Farrell.
- Alice Merritt, MPH, RD, LDN, Center Dietitian at Veritas Collaborative will be speaking at the “Love the Skin You’re In” positive body image workshop that will be held at the Girls Club in Raleigh, NC on February 27. This program is a collaborative effort with the NC State Center for Student Leadership, Ethics & Public Service, Service Leadership Team, Community Outreach Committee and will engage the members of the girls club in the 6th through 9th grades with discussions and activities highlighting body image and eating disorder awareness.
- Veritas Collaborative is a Supporting Sponsor for The Eating Disorders Information Network (EDIN) 4th Annual Celebrity Dance Challenge being held on February 28, at the Buckhead Theatre in Atlanta, GA.
- Veritas Collaborative has coordinated a week of PSA radio spots for NEDAwareness Week 2013 on North Carolina Radio Stations WPTF-AM and WPTK-AM.
For more information about how you can get involved with NEDAwareness Week 2013, please visit nedawareness.org.
For more information about Veritas Collaborative or to discuss potential consultation with your school’s administration, faculty, staff, students, or parents, please contact us by phone at (919) 908-9730 or at veritascollaborative.com.
We envision a world where persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.